Friday, June 3, 2011

Nightstand found

You could not have imagined how happy I was when i found this nightstand. It was waiting for a new owner along the roadside with a pretty dorothy draper console wich was too heavy to take with me, such a shame.
Beau boyfriend was with me and gave me the look, oh noo leave the stuff, he doesn't like me to pick up roadside furniture so to take only the nightstand was a good compromise.
I just can't help it that in my city people trow away such nice things!


It was difficult to take a good picture of it with my iphone, but you can see it has potential.
I want to change the nightstands in my bedroom, i don't mind they are not going to be matching.
I do look forward to do some DIY projects this weekend, the weatherforcast said we are going to have rain, perfect to be creative since Charlie the owl has been very patient too.
Hope you have a good weekend too!

9 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I wish people threw stuff away here! Its a shame you couldn't get the other one as well.

Lily said...

Cant wait to see what you do with it !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Claudia Fabiana said...

This is a great find! I found some little treasures today too. It's so exciting and fun, isn't it?!? Will you paint this nightstand? Check out my little things, if you'd like...

www.ciaonewportbeach.blogspot.com

enjoy your weekend! Ciao...

Pablo said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog via Made by Girl Home tour, and I was just curious because something in your pictures (the kitchen counters, the living room chandelier, the lamps on a chest, the bathroom tiles...) made me think your home was in Spain; and apparently, I was right! =) I'm from Spain too, but I'm writing in English because I didn't know if you'd speak Spanish since you were born in Holland =). I'm your follower since now! And, let me tell you, I love your home! It's got a mix of styles (American, Spanish...) that is just awesome.

http://bloobreyplace.blogspot.com

Beau lifestyle said...

Hi girls thank you for your comments!
Pablo, I have seen your blog, like what you did to your aunt´s place.
I couldn´t leave you a comment, I signed in for 4 times and the comment didn´t get publicated.
Thanks a lot, I´ll be folowing your blog.

Pablo said...

Hi again! Thank you! =) Really, you haven't been able to comment? =S I think I have fixed something now that wasn't working properly. You can try to comment later if you want to =).

Greets!

Lily said...

I was looking through your home tour photos again and I am really loving the big piece over your sofa? Did you paint it? If so, did you use acrylics ?? I have just started painting a few pieces for my new place and really love yours! Thanks :)

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Beau lifestyle said...

Lily, also over at your blog i can´t leave comments, wich is a problem that I encounter many many times, I am not sure why not! I tried for 10 min!
I used oilpaint to make my art that hangs above the sofa, good thing about it is that you are able to modify your painting when it´s wet over and over again untill you are happy with the result, but it took almost 10 days for it to be dry and to be mounted on the wall.
Arcrylic does dry faster and is a good option too. I can´t wait to see your painting!
many kisses Chantal

Lily said...

So sorry that you cant comment ! That must be soo frustrating :( But thanks for all the tips. I have never tried oils but maybe I will buy a few and try a small one first. I have used acrylics but love your painting !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com